Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Really Hitting Home...

I've just learned that the distance my Sister will be embarking on for her Marathon this summer is 200 kilometres, which translates into 120 miles.

The average walking speed is 3 miles per hour. This means that she will have to walk approximately 7.5 hours per day, while maintaining that 3 mile per hour pace for 7 days straight. Why? Because she only has a week to get it done. If she can't maintain the 3 miles per hour pace, that means she will have to extend her walk time for that day to make up the difference.

Holy crap. I don't even know what to say.

I mean I knew it would be a long strenuous walk, but I didn't realize just HOW LONG.

This is one determined Woman, let me tell you.

And what do you ask is she doing immediately AFTER the Marathon...after walking (maybe even jogging) for 7 days straight? Attending the charity dinner.

I truly hope with all my heart that her efforts do not go unnoticed.

Anyone interested in donating art to help raise awareness for this cause, please email me (Amber, her big Sister) at amber@blurrzone.com

No comments: