Thursday, March 8, 2007

Letter to Oprah!

Yes, I JUST sent this! I am going to send it everyday until I get a response. :)

Dear Oprah,

My name is Amber and I am writing to tell you about my AMAZING Sister Janis. She is a sufferer/survivor of Hyperemesis Gravidarum, a VERY unknown illness that affects pregnant woman in making them unable to eat or drink anything without being extremely sick during their entire pregnancy. Woman with extreme cases have died from it. My Sister has experienced excruciating hardships from this terrible illness and she has almost died 3 times trying to battle it. She has gone to hell and back trying to deal and heal.

This summer (2007), she will be walking 120 miles, from London, Ontario to Toronto to help raise awareness and donations to help find a cure for "HG". I am writing to you in hopes that you hear her story and the story of other woman, as she and they are truly amazing woman. She wants SO badly for this illness to get the recognition it requires for the medical profession to step in and help these Woman and Families from this tremendous suffering. So much so that she is willing to put her health on the line and embark on a truly amazing feat of endurance, determination, and selflessness.

Please visit the HER Foundation for more information on "HG" and you will see MANY brave and courageous Woman and Family sharing their stories of "HG". Please help make this issue become more known around the Globe so that less Woman have to experience this extreme suffering. Some woman have died from this illness, yet so many others are told by Doctors that they are imagining things and that their hospital does not have time for them...it's all in their head. I have seen my Sister battle this illness 3 times, and I will tell you beyond a doubt that she has a REAL illness that NEEDS to be recognized by the medical profession.

Please help save a pregnant Womans life and make "HG" a household name.

Oprah, if anyone can do it, you can.

Thank you so much for your time.

Sincerely,
Amber, www.journeyofhopeblog.blogspot.com

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a wonderful letter, sweetheart! Let's hope her staff does a little research and you get a response. I am going to send one to Dr. Marla Shapiro as well ... she is prominent on Canadian television and very informed on women's health. We can help Jan to get as much coverage as possible!

Anonymous said...

That's awsome Amber! You've insipred me to write to my local news stations here in Calgary to spread Janis' outstanding work. Thank you. I'm really looking forward to meeting you too! I have a couple things ready for the art/craft donations. Pics to follow. Its not much, but I hope it helps. Take care! Happy friday!

Janis - I am so greatful to have you in my life. I'm looking forward to show my support and love at the finish line! HUGE HUGS ALL AROUND!!!!

Anonymous said...

Janis! this is from kay (i used to work with her and live with her at marc and mara's) this is what she had to say.

I'm honored to have met her as you can never have too many strong women in your life.
If you need another voice or a helping hand, I'm here. I know that I experienced only a fraction of what she has gone through and even that was horrible. I can't even imagine worse...
Please let her know she is in my thoughts.

Forever Hopeful said...

Thank you my loves:)It seems especially difficult now after finding out the father was on his way to making a new family just WEEKS after all this happened! WEEKS?!?! I'm stuck dealing with all the after effects alone, and he has a five month old baby girl. I left him 15 months ago, and his new woman went through a nine month pregnancy and they've raised their new child for 5 months already in that time!!! That's 14 months... This whole situation must have been pretty heartbreaking for him to have a whole few weeks of healing time! Thank the Lord I didn't marry his selfish self...(He actually had the nerve to send me pictures!!! That was a sensitive move! We never lost contact either, and he just tells me yesterday!!!?!?)Wheew! Thanks for letting me vent:):) Sometimes we have the choice to either roll over depressed, or we can put on our runners!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for commenting Jan, I was a little worried about you since I didn't hear from you after you telling me about this. I'm still pretty shocked and appalled by the timing. I'm not going to sink to a level lower than I would be proud of...but I will say that what he has done has left me feeling VERY unhealthy and wanting to say things that might make a trucker cringe. >o|

You know where I am if you need to talk and I love you beyond all reason!