Saturday, March 17, 2007

****And This Is Why We are Doing This....******

"My 19 year old daughter died on March 19 2002. She was 13 weeks pregnant. and had been to the hospital twice the week before and diagnosed with Hyperemesis Gravidarum." - Mother of HG Sufferer

"I am terrified. and praying every night that this won't happen to me again." - HG Sufferer

I was hospitalized my entire pregnancy. I had to give up eating completely and was fed through TPN 24 hours a day.
At one point, my mother was taken aside and told to say goodbye to me and notify family members that I may not live until morning.
At seventeen years old, a picture of health and vibrancy, I was reduced to wearing adult diapers, using a wheelchair, my grandfathers walker and bedside comode and needing an electronic hospital bed to sit myself up to vomit.
It was torture. - HG Sufferer

I looked like a skeleton and felt like I was dead. HG Sufferer

"[She] has been bedridden in darkness - with no TV, no ability to read, barely able to talk, for the last 7 weeks. A steady and heartbreaking moan can be heard coming from her room. she hangs on, because she knows if she terminates, she will never have the courage/strength to try again." Gail, NJ


"[My OB said "It would be prudent for you to go on some psychiatric medication because this sickness is connected to your psychological condition." She then told the ER doctor to send me home-that I was fine and the sickness was in my head." Ruth, Newport Beach, CA

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, those one's really hit me too. I was thinking of that poor mother that lost her daughter all day yesterday...oh, my heart is broken for her. :(